1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Slideshow

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by plysne, Sep 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plysne

plysne Thread Starter

I have gone blank and need your help to get back on track. When wanting to view digital images (mostly .jpg) I sometimes get a listing of programs to use to view these files. One of the choices is "View a slideshow of the image using Windows Picture and Fax viewer" which will give a slideshow that is a full screen image. I want to do this most often but I can't always get that menu picker to show to make the choice and I really don't know where the file is that will give me this slideshow. How do I initiate the menu prior to viewing or is their a program that I can just run to get this full screen display in slideshow format.? Thanks for your input.
    Paul

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Are these pictures on your computer or on a flash drive or something else? Are you saying you sometimes get the chioce in an insertion autorun menu or in a right click context menu or somewhere else?

If its just pictures in a folder on your computer, Faststone Image Viewer is nice program with a very nice full screen slideshow component. I use it all the time in preference to Windows Picture and Fax viewer. Picasa 3 also has a funky new Photo Viewer that slideshows full screen. In the case of both though you have to go to the folder with the pictures in it, either with the browser function or just using windows to access them (right click>Open with) So you can't really initiate a menu but just starting the program you're going to use ahead of time should work.

3. plysne

plysne Thread Starter

Both the Picasa 3 and Fastone took care of how I wanted to do the job. Thanks much Fairnooks. Have used Picasa 2 a lot but liked the email portion of Fastone even more (which I didn't know about). So, I'm ahead on both counts. Thanks again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752771

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice