1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: slow boot up and blue screen problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Limericklady, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Limericklady

Limericklady Thread Starter

Hello again,
    I was here a long time ago with problems with my dell computer, which is now dead!.. well it awaits time and cash to fix I think. hal.dll file or something.

howsever, my problem right now is this laptop, on boot up it takes what seems forever sometimes, then i get a blue screen which stays a while, the windows is starting screen comes up, i log on and get another blue screen for (again) seem like ages, eventually all the icons appear and it works fine. Until, shutdown.. its like the boot up only reverse.. I click on shut down and it goes blue...... eventually showing windows is shutting down screen, eventually turning off.

Any insight and or help would be appreciated. :)

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5450 @ 1.66GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2038 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 128 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 108328 MB, Free - 66788 MB;
    Motherboard: LENOVO, IEL10
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. blues_harp28

blues_harp28 Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Hi, is there any writing with the Blue Screen?
    Some reasons for Blue Screens
    New hardware - Software installed.
    Device driver - Video driver - corrupted - faulty.
    Faulty Ram - Overheating - Dying hard drive etc.
    -------
    Either post the Minidump files.
    Look in c:\windows\minidump
    ZIP them and attach them to your next post.

Right-click the minidump file, select Send To.
    Then select Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    Windows will compress the file and then save the new zipped file in the same location.

Or download BlueScreenView
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
    Download link at the bottom of the page.

Download > Install.
    Once it has scanned > Click on Edit > Select All > File > Save Selected Item
    It will open in Notepad - or save to Notepad > Copy > Paste.
    Then Post the last 5 minidump files

Check this link first

3. Limericklady

many thanks for your reply Blues harp28,

I have checked in the windows\minidump folder and it is empty.
    downloaded and ran the blue screen view app that too is empty.

4. blues_harp28

5. Limericklady

just a blue screen, nothing written on there, I checked that it is set to save before I downloaded the app. ( went to the page and followed directions to make sure).

6. blues_harp28

Run system file checker.
    You will need the install Cd.
    http://dwightblackburn.com/winxp/
    ---
    Right click My Computer > Open
    Right click - Local disk - should be C:
    Click Properties.

Tools > Error checking.
    Tick both boxes
    Click start.
    It will say it cannot scan, do you want it to scan at the next start up..
    Click Yes - restart Pc.

It will scan the system at the next start up - let it scan - it will then boot to your desktop.

7. Limericklady

Just check the msconfig\startup tab
    1st line on there is
    box is check beside this, dumprep 0 -k %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k then gives the registery location..
    would this have anything to do with whats happening..? I don't recall seeing this line on there before.

8. blues_harp28

9. Limericklady

Will get back to you as soon as I can with the startup info.. that list is very long and screen shot won't show all, little window doesn't have a resize option.

is there a better way to show it?? maybe?

10. blues_harp28

download SINO by Artellos.

• Save SINO to your desktop and run SINO.exe. (If you downloaded the ZIP version you will need to extract it first)
    • Then please check the following checkboxes:
      Code:
      Startup Items

• Once checked, hit the Run Scan! button and wait for the program to finish the scan.
    • A notepad window will pop up. Please copy all of the content into your next reply.
    Note: If you try to interact with the program once itÂ’s started scanning it might appear to hang. The scan however will continue.

11. Limericklady

copy of sino notepad file
    System Investigator by Olrik
    Log Created On: 0047_01-02-2013
    SINO Version: 3.1.0.0

Total RAM: 2038 MB | Free RAM: 1334 MB | Pagefile Size: 3687 MB
    C: | 66712 MB out of 108328 MB Free | Local Fixed Disk
    D: | None | CD-ROM Disc

<<<< Startup Items >>>>

[KernelFaultCheck] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
    [vProt] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - "C:\Program Files\AVG Secure Search\vprot.exe"
    [ISUSScheduler] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
    [snp2uvc] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - C:\WINDOWS\vsnp2uvc.exe
    [AGRSMMSG] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - AGRSMMSG.exe
    [FingerPrintSoftware] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - "C:\Program Files\Lenovo Fingerprint Software\fpapp.exe" \s
    [TPFNF7] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - C:\Program Files\Lenovo\NPDIRECT\TPFNF7SP.exe /r
    [PMHandler] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - C:\PROGRA~1\Lenovo\PMDRIV~1\PMHandler.exe
    [EEventManager] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - C:\PROGRA~1\EPSONS~1\EVENTM~1\EEventManager.exe
    [AVG_UI] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - "C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2013\avgui.exe" /TRAYONLY
    [AzMixerSel] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - "C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\InstallShield\AzMixerSel.exe"
    [nmapp] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - "C:\Program Files\Pure Networks\Network Magic\nmapp.exe" -autorun -nosplash
    [AdobeAAMUpdater-1.0] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\UWA\UpdaterStartupUtility.exe"
    [DivXUpdate] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - "C:\Program Files\DivX\DivX Update\DivXUpdate.exe" /CHECKNOW
    [amsg] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - C:\PROGRA~1\THINKV~1\AMSG\amsg.exe
    [Persistence] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
    [IgfxTray] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
    [TVT Scheduler Proxy] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lenovo\Scheduler\scheduler_proxy.exe"
    [LPManager] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - C:\PROGRA~1\Lenovo\LENOVO~2\LPMGR.exe
    [SynTPEnh] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
    [Alcmtr] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - ALCMTR.EXE
    [SunJavaUpdateSched] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
    [HotKeysCmds] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
    [DivXMediaServer] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - C:\Program Files\DivX\DivX Media Server\DivXMediaServer.exe
    [RTHDCPL] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - RTHDCPL.EXE
    [Adobe ARM] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
    [TkBellExe] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - "C:\program files\real\realplayer\update\realsched.exe" -osboot
    [ISUSPM Startup] - <HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\UPDATE~1\isuspm.exe -startup
    [ctfmon.exe] - <HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run> - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe

------ End of File ------

ran the chkdsk, (took a long time to scan). only just now finished since my last post.

12. Limericklady

oops forgot to do the sfc scan..
    Guess I should do that now ..

I will have to leave the scan until morning, too late right now.

meanwhile I hope the info in the startup log is of some help.

13. blues_harp28

Start > Run > Type
    msconfig
    In msconfig - Start up tab.
    Untick all entries Except

C:\Program Files\AVG Secure Search\vprot.exe"
    C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2013\avgui.exe" /TRAYONLY

C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe

Apply > Ok > Reboot your Pc.

The System Configuration Utility box appear on retstart - saying changes have been made.
    Tick the box on the lower left and then OK.

Any entry can be re-enabled using msconfig - if it needs to be
    http://netsquirrel.com/msconfig/msconfig_xp.html

I'm offline until 2morrow - let us know the result of the sfc scan.

14. Limericklady

will post tomorow..
    thank you for your assistance Blues_harp.

good night to you. :)

15. blues_harp28

Anytime - sleep tight ;)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087723

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice