1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Slow computer after watching youtube

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kjetillunde, Jan 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kjetillunde

kjetillunde Thread Starter

After watching youtube with Firefox my computer is slow in every operation! Just opening My Computer or booting takes a lot more time.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 1999 Mb
    Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 80003 MB, Free - 72494 MB; D: Total - 72614 MB, Free - 49592 MB; F: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 240 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0G866N
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

This is some of what I`ve tried:

1. System restore

2. Formated the computer and installed a fresh XP

3. I didn`t install adobe flash player. (It seems like I had activex flash thou)

4. Cleaned the registry with "Vit Registry Fix 11"

5. Deleted temporary internet files in Firefox 18

I formated the computer 2 times and even after a fresh install the computer went slow after watching youtube for some minutes. Before formatting I thought the problems was because of Flash Player so I didn`t install it in the fresh XP install.

I suspect it has something with my video card (Intel GM45 Graphics). It didn`t show up in either dxdiag or CPU-Z before I installed the driver. Under Graphics Driver, Intel® Driver Update Utility says "Your driver is current". Under Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility (Chipset INF) it says "This version is valid. Does it mean I have the correct drivers?

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Cleaning the registry isnt going to help or fix anything. that might be why theres problems.we never recommend using any cleaners like that because all it will do is make a mess of the computer and you might have to reinstall everyting.

3. kjetillunde

The computer went slow before I cleaned the registery...

Edit: By the way I have a Dell Latitude E6400 laptop

4. kjetillunde

I updated to the most recent Dell BIOS and that solved the problem! [​IMG]
    The performance is much better now.

The BIOS update did the trick! [​IMG]

5. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    If indeed the problem is solved you can mark it as such so that we know all is well for you.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085095

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice