1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: smart card reader probs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Doolallycurls, Mar 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Doolallycurls

Doolallycurls Thread Starter

Hi I used to have an MS 7091 Motherboard which had a smart card reader connector on the board, have now got an Asrock N68C-S UCC motherboard and was wondering if someone new how I would be able to somehow connect the card reader to my Asrock motherboard. I still have Advent AirXL case that the MS mothherboard was in. Thanks
    Dools

2. stevecook

stevecook

I think your motherboard was build for Medion who unfortunately don't conform to regular standards with their connections. A card reader would normally connect to a USB connector on the motherboard but the Medion has a different one, so I would just get another card reader and connect to USB socket on your Asus board.

3. Doolallycurls

Hi Steve
    Thanks for your input and after much research and consideration I have decided to opt for an external USB card reader as the one that is in my case is a reader card that screws onto slots already prebuilt into the case and after about six hours of searching the Internet I have realised that I have to concede defeat.
    Dools

4. Doolallycurls

I suppose that sometimes it is horrible being a newbie to all this

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/985657

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice