1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: SMCWEBT-G AP whats this in manul??

Discussion in 'Networking' started by coure06, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. coure06

coure06 Thread Starter

u can download its manual from here
    http://www.smc.com/files/AB/MN_SMCWEBT-G_EN_0708_FW_B011.pdf

please find the topic "A wireless lan with internet access" at page 45 of document (equal to page 57 of pdf)

it shows an Internet access device which conects to SMC's AP. my question is that is that Internet access device could be a DSL modem??? so that i can connect my DSL Modem to this AP and can access internet on my all PCs connected to that AP??

i will be very thankful to someone providing answer to this

Coure

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

What's the make/model of your DSL modem? If it's a plain modem, you can only connect a single computer to a standard residential DSL account. If it's a router, then it should work.

3. coure06

coure06 Thread Starter

its a plain modem.
    i was only confused be seeing the manual in which it was showing that u can use this without router

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Yep, you need a router for multiple computers. :)

You can mark your own threads solved using the thread tools at the top of the page in the upper right corner.© :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594504