1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Solved: So what is Viewpoint?

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by Capslock17, Jul 30, 2006.

Unmark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Capslock17

Capslock17 Guest Thread Starter

I have it, but I don't think I'm using it. Or is it something that you don't really see per se but works like Java in that runs in the backround or "behind the scenes"?

I read on their official website that it's used for some rich 3D something or other... but I don't know specific examples. What are some of the common things that use Viewpoint?

I'm not having any spyware problems or anything, it's just that I could use all the extra disk space I can get.

Thanks in advance.

2. Capslock17

Oh, and what about Viewpoint Manager?

3. Fidelista

Fidelista

Its a long story --but you can just "google" Aimpoint and read.
    I would just uninstall both Aimpoint and Aimpoint manager {exe} in add-remove and you can search for it afterwards to make sure its gone.
    Its not a threat , but most people just remove it. I have heard no negatives about removing it. >f

4. Capslock17

? Red dot sight for a gun? What does that have to do with anything? Um,..... I said viewpoint, not aimpoint

5. Fidelista

Fidelista

Viewpoint. I was thinking of AOL AIM {instant messenger which I believe installs viewpoint.>f

6. Capslock17

Ok, so... what about my original post?

7. LittleGhoti

LittleGhoti

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487729

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice