1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Software Installation Problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by westone, Dec 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. westone

westone Thread Starter

Wondershare WinSuite 2012 - Error; At least, one component is missing. Try reinstalling the application. I have tried this a number of times, but always get the same error message.

The help I have received from WonderShare was: You may click Start > Run, type msconfig into the box, and then go to General, reboot into "Normal Startup" and try again. This has not worked.

I have also tried doing a complete uninstall using Revo Uninstaller. To start with the installation was done with a download, but since then I have received a CD, but I still get the same error message. Is there anything else I can try? Any help would be appreciated.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz, x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3070 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 6200 LE, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 232048 MB, Free - 167298 MB; D: Total - 6404 MB, Free - 1507 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTek Computer INC., Basswood
    Antivirus: Virgin Media Security Anti-Virus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

It would help if you told us what the problem actually is and what message you are talking about, when it appears, and so on.

3. inform_farhan

inform_farhan

did you try system restore ? or restart your system in safe mode and try again...

4. westone

westone Thread Starter

The only problem is the error message which appears everytime I start up the computer. The error message only relates to Wondershare WinSuite 2012. As this is a new addition I dont know what is missing, but it is not obvious. Nothing else is affected. The problem has been going on for a week or more the error message is always the same, "Wondershare WinSuite 2012 - Error; At least, one component is missing. Try reinstalling the application".

5. westone

westone Thread Starter

Thanks for your suggestion, but during the week or more this has been happening there have been MS, and driver updates. Therefore, I don't think a system restored or starting in safe mode would help. All I want to do is get rid of this error message. If there are components missing from this software, I don't know what they are.

6. TOGG

TOGG

Due to the vagueness of the error message you quote it's not entirely clear what is causing your problem. As you have the program on CD it, presumably, doesn't mean that it can't find some of its own components, but is looking for something its installer expects to find already present on your computer.

If you have bought this program, you should go back to their Support site and report again the exact wording of the error message you are seeing and ask them to clarify what it means. Could it be looking for a specific Windows component like a particular version of .NET Framework? If they can't offer any effective assistance, you can try and get your money back.

7. westone

westone Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestion, I will follow that up and let you know what happens.

8. westone

westone Thread Starter

I got a very fast response from "Wondershare" when I suggested a refund. It was done through PayPal, and the answer was NO! They are, however, going to try and help, and the problem has been passed on. I got this software because I thought it would be a quick and easy way to avoid problems with the computer. Maybe it will have a happy ending. I will let you know what their suggestions are and whether they work. Whatever I can think of has been updated and this includes drivers and items such as. NET Framework (thanks for that suggestion TOGG).

9. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

http://www.wondershare.ca/windows-optimizer/

This is definitely not the type of software I would recommend. Frankly, not being able to install it might be a blessing. It will stop you from messing up your operating system, which you may have already started doing with another similar software...

You should stay as far away as you possibly can from Registry Cleaners, Boosters, Optimizers, TuneUp Utilities... You'll only end up crippling programs and the operating system beyond repair! These programs are completely useless and will delete what they don't understand, like legitimate files still in use.

Keep in mind that they will always find "errors" to fix, even on a fresh Windows installation!

Why I Don’t Use Registry Cleaners

Registry Cleaners and System Tweaking Tools

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic347491.html/page__p__1932993

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/997274-registry-got-messed-up-advanced.html

10. westone

westone Thread Starter

Thanks for all the links and comments. What influenced me to buy this software was the support given by PCMag.com at http://www.wondershare.com/windows-optimizer/awards.html. These and other reviews were positive. I am sure there are negative comments on this package, but they can be drowned out by the adverts and those people who promote because of the commissions they earn. It's very difficult for a novice to know which software to use. I have decided to play this through to the end. If they can't come up with a solution, I still stand a chance of a refund even though the chance is very small. I know what you are going to say, "don't hold your breath."

11. westone

westone Thread Starter

"Wondershare WinSuite 2012" did not turn out to be wonderful, at least not for me. PayPal did however get me a refund. The information I gave PayPal was there was an error message from the first installation about missing components. Help from support consisted of mainly re-installation, 15 times altogether. They supplied two different URL’s and of course the CD arrived in the post. They also suggested msconfig and removing part of their program. Nothing worked.

But it got worse as I am no longer accepted as an Administrator and there are a number of programs that I can’t access. System Restore no longer allows me to go back to any restore point. The message is always the same “unable to restore to this point“.

I am trying to reinstall Windows XP from the original disc but it will not accept the Product Key.

The only thing I can think of now is to upgrade to Windows 7 and I have tried the “Upgrade Advisor Report” and the computer is suitable.

There were no problems on the computer until I installed "Wondershare WinSuite 2012". The reason I bought it was so that if I had problems in the future, it would be a useful tool to get me out of a mess.

I use the computer everyday, for a number of hours, but I haven’t had any real problems before, so I am getting to the stage where I don’t know what to do next. It takes me ages to do anything new on the technical side, so I had a very computer active Xmas.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Phantom 010 and others gave some very sound advice before I got myself into this mess.

Thanks everybody and have a very Happy New Year.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030252

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice