Solved: Solved: can anyone tell what generates this temp file?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jamie1949

I have a temp file ( ~DF2784.tmp 48KB) which appears in local settings. If I try to delete it I get the message: Cannot delete ~DF2784.tmp: It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again. I cannot find any program that is running it. It seems to refresh itself on boot up.

Can anyone tell me if this is generated by Windows XP? It seems to have appeared after upgrading to SP2 and loading IE7. The only other change on my system is installing Carbonite backup.

System: Windows XP SP2
F-Secure Anti Virus 2006

The only other utilities on my compter are:
UniBlue Speed up My PC
Registry Mechanic.

My systems seems to be working fine except IE7 bombs out quite a lot - "IE has to close down..." but runs perfectly on IE6.

I am not paranoid about temporary files but feel more secure if I know what is creating them and why they appear.

Yes, I get a Temp file about the same size, the exact number/name will vary depending on many different factors.

Assuming its in Temp Files under local settings, its expected and normal (that is what the location is for)

jamie1949

Many thanks,

The culprit was from a trial of ebook generator - gotten rid of it now. Obliged for your help,

James

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online