Solved: Solved: Can't get sound

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cj2448

I just upgraded from ME to XP and my speakers won't work. It says there is no sound hooked up. What am I doing wrong? I have Boston speakers (2 small and one woofer) every thing is plugged in but when I go to sound settings It states I should go to control panel and add hardware. Then I do that and it states that it can't find my speakers.

What do I do?

I don't think the error you are getting is "can't find speakers" is it? You might need new drivers for your sound card. What is the make and model of your system. If you know the make of your sound card that might help also.

cj2448

norton850 said:
I don't think the error you are getting is "can't find speakers" is it? You might need new drivers for your sound card. What is the make and model of your system. If you know the make of your sound card that might help also.
Thanks Norton, I apologize...I was able to figure it out. The owner of the computer had loaded some disc they shouldn't have and I had to uninstall that then the sound worked! I forgot to come back on and delete my request for help.

Thanks again! Kindest regards, Christine

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online