1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Solved: lsdelete program not found - skipping AUTOCHECK

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Liamh80, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Liamh80

Liamh80 Thread Starter

Hi All,

I have an error message on startup (Vista Business) which reads: "lsdelete program not found - skipping AUTOCHECK". From what I understand, lsdelete is associated with winlogon. Can anyone provide information as to what this program is, and how can I fix this problem?

Thanks for your help?

Liam

2. bugfreeit

bugfreeit

This seems to be a problem using Adaware with all versions of Vista. To fix the error you must to the following...

Uninstall ADAWARE 2007 from add/remove programs

Manually remove LAVASOFT folder in Program files

Go to START, ALL PROGRAMS, ACCESSORIES, RUN

Type in REGEDIT

Search for LAVASOFT and manually delete any LAVASOFT entries

Click on EDIT and then FIND

Type in BOOTEXECUTE and then search and open the entry

Manually edit the entry and remove the information for LSDELETE

Do NOT change any other AUTOCHECK information

RESTART computer and all will be back to normal

I always advise making a backup of the registry first just to be safe.

Regards,

Steve

3. Liamh80

Liamh80 Thread Starter

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your help. I have uninstalled ad aware, and deleted the lavasoft program files and lavasoft registry entries. From the bootexecute part I don't understand. The bootexecute key in my registry has a subkey labelled 'LastKey' which the registry search highlights. It's value is: Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\COMPONENTS\Winners\x86_microsoft-windows-smss-bootexecute_31bf3856ad364e35_none_d37a23bf8704487c, so where exactly do I remove the information for LSDELETE?

Ta,

Liam.

4. bugfreeit

bugfreeit

By searching for BOOTEXECUTE in the registry it should take you to the autocheck options, i'm not sure why it's not showing in your search.

This direct method might be easier...

REGEDIT, EDIT, FIND, and search for lsdelete

You should deffinately now see the AUTOCHECK registry entry in BOOTEXECUTE

Open the entry (double click)

Delete the entry for LSDELETE only, leave all others intact (when you then exit from regedit it might say cannot have incomplete string, or similar, this is ok as it will auto correct).

Let me know if you follow this ok,

Steve

5. Liamh80

Liamh80 Thread Starter

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your help, replies, and detailed support - much much better than what I get from the local tech support! Have located the AUTOCHECK entry in BOOTEXECUTE, and can see the lsdelete information there. Just to double check, if I delete the word lsdelete that will stop autocheck from looking for the program? Thought, I'd paste the info below to shed a little more light on the matter - maybe System Mechanic is the program interfering?

autocheck autochk *
    autocheck lsdelete
    smrgdf C:\Program Files\iolo\System Mechanic Professional 6\
    iolobtdfg C:\Windows\system32

Cheers, and Thanks again.

Liam.

6. bugfreeit

bugfreeit

Hi Liam,

Yes, delete the whole line 'autocheck lsdelete'

and then that will cure the start up issue.

I'm glad I could help. I had the same problem, and after I worked out how to cure it I though it was good to share with anyone else having the same priblem, as there were not even any pointers to a fix on the Lavasoft site.

Regards,

Steve

7. Liamh80

Liamh80 Thread Starter

Steve,

Well I did this and rebooted, and i think I can safely say mission accomplished!!! PROBLEM SOLVED! Credit goes out to you on this one, computer runs like brand new!

Thanks,

Liam.

8. bugfreeit

bugfreeit

Excellent, glad it worked well for you,

All the best,

Steve

9. royman

royman

HI~
    I have the same problem,then I follow your method~
    I reboot the computer but still SAY:lsdelete program not found - skipping....
    my os is XP home ~please help me~!!!

10. slimline

slimline

Hi, I had the same problem with my PC followed the instructions on this thread, it got rid of the ISDELETE problem but now I get UDBDef not found etc etc on startup can you help please, using Vista Ultimate 64bit

11. IanE

IanE

I had this same issue, the strang thing is that in previous installations, with the Adawaer 2007 it worked fien in Vista and XP, but the new release not only does not install properly, but crashed my windows explorer 3 times. has there network been infected?

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/583755