1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Solved: Outlook Express on Receiving End.

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by sherri29, Aug 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sherri29

sherri29 Thread Starter

Just in the past 2 weeks, my sister in Texas....with an sbcglobal.net email address cannot receive any emails that I send her from Tennessee using my Outlook Express, and my ISP ken-tennwireless.com.

We have had no problems for the past several years, then all of a sudden she is not receiving my emails...even tho' she knew they were coming..Also, her son's emails to her were not getting thru., and his emails were coming from hotmail or yahoo, I don't remember.

Then yesterday, she sent me another email for a test..and she sent one to her son...his came back to her when he hit reply and said that he received hers and she got it....mine did not.

She has checked and re-checked her blocked senders list several times, and neither her son nor I am on it.

I called my ISP and told them what I have just told you...and he said the problem had to be at her end., because there was nothing here that would prevent my emails getting to her....but he did mention that sometimes sbc does block emails without warning....huh?

We are at a loss as to what could be happening...Can anyone here shed any light on this, and please explain what we may need to try next.

Neither of us are on dialup.

Thanks to all.
    sherri

2. Miz

Miz

I've had similar things happen and always with recipients using SBC.

It's most likely that SBC has decided, for whatever reason, that spam has been coming from your ISP so they've blocked all email from it. It's not unusual for email originating from Hotmail and Yahoo to be on a blocked list since both have long been widely used by spammers.

As far as I know, the only way to get your ISP off of SBC's blocked list is for your ISP to contact SBC and talk SBC into removing them from the blocked list.

3. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

did the tech weenies have you check your pop3 and smtp server addresses?

your sister needs to confirm she has the correct pop3/smtp server address too.

you didn't mention if this happens with anyone else, could you have the email address wrong?

4. sherri29

sherri29 Thread Starter

Okay.. Miz..I appreciate your reply... she (my sis) and I both will check this out with our ISP's tomorrow or as soon as possible.
    Thanks,
    sherri

5. sherri29

sherri29 Thread Starter

Evening Bearone2.
    No, the "tech weenies" didn't have me check the pop3/smtp server addresses...I will jump right on that ASAP...

And yes, My sis and I have both verified that we are both using the right email addresses...neither are blocked..and no, it hasn't happened with anyone else, except with me and her son.

Thank you.

6. sekirt

sekirt

Did she check her bulk mail folder to see if Yahoo! put your emails in there by mistake?

sekirt

7. sherri29

sherri29 Thread Starter

Hi Sekirt...I don't know if she did that or not, because that is not where I am sending her email to. nor am I sending it to her in hotmail....it is just her sbcglobal.net that I send to that she isn't getting. we had to resort to hotmail when she wasn't getting my emails at SBC....but we only swapped 2 or 3 there. We both like out Outlook Express. and my Yahoo and Hotmail is for what I call my JUNK mail....lucky if it gets checked once a week.

Thanks.

8. sekirt

sekirt

Isn't her DSL through SBC/Yahoo! ? If so, she should go to that Yahoo! account and look in that Bulk Mail folder at the Yahoo! website.

Outlook Express is only the email client - not the email service. If she has some service other than Yahoo!, then she should check that website to see if there is a similar "bulk" folder.

sekirt

9. sherri29

sherri29 Thread Starter

Gee Sekirt...Now I know why you are on that side of the computer and I am on this side. I don't understand all there is to know about computering...so, I will have her check that...This is something I know not very much at all about.

Thanks for helping me.. and giving these suggestions to check this and that....As soon as I hear back from her I will let you know what she had to say about things at her end.

Thanks, Sekirt.
    sherri

10. sherri29

sherri29 Thread Starter

Sekirt...We got the problem fixed...thanks...and thanks to all who had suggestions...her husband went in and changed her bulk settings, and spam filter. She is now able to get my emails...

I appreciate everybody's help..

sherri

P.S. How do I post to show that this prob.. has been solved. Is there an icon or something?

11. sekirt

sekirt

(y)

To mark this solved, click on Thread Tools.

sekirt

12. sherri29

sherri29 Thread Starter

okay. thanks.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489061

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice