Solved: Solved: Outlook express won't open

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mwredt

On a computer running Windows XP, open outlook express to get email. it worked at first then would not open. The hour glass comes up momentarily, then disappears and Outlook Express does not open. I rebooted the computer, then Outlook Express would open again. What would cause this problem?

Does the program work ok now? The cause of that could have just been outlook experiencing a strange shutdown therefore leaving components in the computer's memory. When the utility is restarted this could cause a mess as it thinks it is already running then terminates itself. The reboot corrected the issue as it clears the computers memory completely which then of course lets outlook function normally. I would not worry about this as i myself have had it happen from time to time using some software.

mwredt

New Tech Guy:
Sorry it took so long to reply. I believe you are right. Rebooting took care of the problem and Outlook has been working okay now.
Thanks.

This is normal as it could happen from time to time on a pc that is booted for a long time. Usually this is the first fix for an abnormal computer problem.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online