1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Solved: Outlook express won't open

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by mwredt, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mwredt

mwredt Thread Starter

On a computer running Windows XP, open outlook express to get email. it worked at first then would not open. The hour glass comes up momentarily, then disappears and Outlook Express does not open. I rebooted the computer, then Outlook Express would open again. What would cause this problem?

2. new tech guy

new tech guy

Does the program work ok now? The cause of that could have just been outlook experiencing a strange shutdown therefore leaving components in the computer's memory. When the utility is restarted this could cause a mess as it thinks it is already running then terminates itself. The reboot corrected the issue as it clears the computers memory completely which then of course lets outlook function normally. I would not worry about this as i myself have had it happen from time to time using some software.

3. mwredt

mwredt Thread Starter

New Tech Guy:
    Sorry it took so long to reply. I believe you are right. Rebooting took care of the problem and Outlook has been working okay now.
    Thanks.

4. new tech guy

new tech guy

This is normal as it could happen from time to time on a pc that is booted for a long time. Usually this is the first fix for an abnormal computer problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/647843

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice