Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solved: Some buttons on the keyboard doesn't work

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  aliasme 
#1 ·
Hi all,
I have dell inspiron 1525 with window 7 64-bit
I was chatting and using the labtop normally and then two buttons ( L & . ) stopped working.
I found on dell support forums the way how to remove the keyboard but it didn't work to solve the problem.
Can some one help me with this thing ??

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
Is the ribbon cable attaching the keyboard to the computer damaged or loose? Is there any crud under those keys blocking them from moving up and down normally? You can GENTLY try to dislodge any detritus by GENTLY tapping on the back of the keyboard; the key word here is GENTLY, because you don't want to cause MORE damage, or knock any keys off. Those keys are close together, which makes me suspect some cookie crumbs or corn flakes are preventing them from working properly.

Check the keyboard for the problems I mentioned; chances are, you can fix this fairly easily. If not, try to find someone else you can swap keyboards with; it is entirely possible that your keyboard is damaged beyond repair, so you might have to replace it.

First choice is to look for problems blocking the key travel; don't spend a dime on a new board until you're SURE that yours is defective.

#4 ·
Well, your answer makes me think you might need a new keyboard... especially because you didn't find any problems, and they travel normally. Before you decide to buy another one, be SURE that the ribbon cable isn't damaged or torn; even a small amount of damage is bad.

Truthfully, I'd expect a defective ribbon cable to affect more than two keys, so you probably will have to replace the keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.