[Solved] Some Links Do Not Work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ewingtexas

About half the time I am on the web and click on a link (most have java script in the address (or least somewhere in the title)
the message comes up "error on page" and does not load the new page. What is wrong.

ewingtexas
Welcome to TSG!
JH is correct in saying you need Java virtual machine loaded for any Java script run in Internet Explorer 4.x or better. Here is the download for vvirtual build 3802. If you have already downloaded it previous do it again because the 3802 build sometimes becomes corrupt and that will fix it.
Click Here for download
Dave

ewingtexas

I down loaded the program.
It seems to improve some.
Received email from tech support guy and said to connect using a web address (just click here) but it did not work.

any other suggestions. Thanks

ewingtexas

By the way davy
the link did not work on your reply about going to microsoft site

thanks

ewingtexas
Curious........That is the download area you need to access in order to update. Which version of IE are you running?
Dave

ewingtexas
IE6 should of came with 3802 build or better. Have you tried an IE6 repair.
Go to start\settings\control panel\add remove prgrams and scroll to IE6 and select, click remove and when the window pops up select repair. After repair retry and see if the virtual problem is fixed.
Dave

I had it once & it caused me not to be able to open a second window...which is how I had it setup... so therefore no links worked.

is it on your taskbar near the clock... if so disable it then try a link.

you really should go to run type in msinfo32& then click the plus at software envirement & go down to startup & click it... after it loads on the roight go to Edit... select all.... back to edit & copy... come back here & paste it in here

ewingtexas
Lets eliminate it as the cause. Find a page that is giving you problems disable the add stopper and retry the page.
Dave

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online