1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Something new with TSG this morning

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by Phantom010, May 3, 2010.

Advertisement
  1. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor Thread Starter

Whenever I bring my mouse to the Security & HJT tab to select the General Security forum, starting this morning, when the cursor goes over Virus & Other Malware Removal, these words will split into two lines (see first screenshot). When the cursor leaves those words and goes over General Security, Virus & Other Malware Removal goes back to being on one line only (second screenshot). If I try getting my cursor to General Security too fast, the menu will close. I have to be careful each time. It's getting a little annoying. Am I the only one with this issue? If not, is Mike aware of this?

Thanks [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I see the same thing, but it really doesn't affect the operation.

3. Phantom010

Yes, it works but it wasn't like that yesterday. Any reason for the change?

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Well, that forum was renamed, must be something about that.

Note that that title is the longest in the forums, and it also appears to have some trailing spaces. It's appears to be a simple word-wrap thing with the rename, maybe he could remove the trailing spaces?

5. Phantom010

OK, hadn't quite noticed it had been renamed. But still, as you can see on my second screenshot, the forum name does fit into one line when my cursor isn't hovering over it.

6. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

When you hover over it with the mouse the font changes to Bold, which takes more room. If you have the font too large, the browser needs to wrap the line to fit the column.
    If you go to a smaller font (Ctrl+Wheel) it stops, should only take one size smaller.

I use a larger font size on the laptop than the desktop, and get that effect on several of the forums. The old eyes aren't what they used to be:rolleyes:

If Mike can increase the max column width a bit, that would help those of us that use a bit larger font.

7. Phantom010

Exactly.

8. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Yup, I warned folks that the name was too long, but they didn't believe me. ;)

I'm going to change the size of the menu width during the next update. That file has to be changed on each server -- hopefully I'll get it done within the next few days!

9. Phantom010

Thank you Mike! [​IMG]

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!