1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sonic Activation Module on startup

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by fishiTizy, Apr 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fishiTizy

fishiTizy Thread Starter

I think this is the right thread, I jsut got a new computer and at startup this error thin happens every time, I have deleted it on add/remove programs and it just comes back every time. Its not a threat to my computer, but its annoying and i have to Ctrl Alt Del it every time. Any input on how I can remove this for good? Btw I don't have the CD it was pre- Installed from the factory, and im not even sure what it is, heres the pictures

[​IMG]

After I hit Ok this error comes up and it just does the same thing over again
    [​IMG]

Any suggestions?

2. photolady

photolady

Did you also delete the folder in Program files? And check in msconfig/start up button and uncheck anything still running in there for Sonic.

To get to msconfig, go to Start then Run. Type in msconfig and click ok. Then select the Start up tab. You'll have to restart your computer for changes to take affect.

3. fishiTizy

fishiTizy Thread Starter

Thanks photolady I think i fixed it, It was under common files and I deleted the whole program. Thank ya =)) You guys on this site are very helpful i'll remember this(y)

4. only1deana

only1deana

I'm having this very same problem! I tried to go into the system confi and I can't see anything having to do with sonic that is running??? Please help...

5. Potterybarn

Potterybarn

Hi. I have the exact same problem. I have deleted everything associated with Sonic or those stupid MS files in the temp and in Common Files and Sonic directory. It still comes up. Help please.

6. stantley

stantley

Unistall all of these, you probably got most of them:

Sonic DLA
    Sonic RecordNow!
    Sonic Update Manager
    Storage Guard

7. John Burns

John Burns

This isn't an answer to your question - just curious - what Visual Style are you using on your desktop - very nice for a darker one.

8. DebraBo

DebraBo

I have been having this same irritating problem. So I did some research and there was a suggestion to download the Update manager from install shield. It must have been missing on my computer. Once I downloaded it theses messages completely disappeared. You can download if for free at www.consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id+=Q111006

9. falcon31

falcon31

hi,
    i have had the problem for the past few months and it was very annoying.i have downloaded (update manager) from install shield as suggested by member debrabo, and now the problem is solved, thanks

i typed (sonic activation module) into google and came up with this site by chance and now i am a member.

10. Auris

Auris

Is the Url correct , I am having the same problems and tried to open the url but it wasn't found. Is there a specific title for the Update manager download when on the site. Thanks

11. Augie65

Augie65

12. falcon31

falcon31

go to google. type installshield consumer central (then click on link to site)
    click on the update service, then click on about the update service and then download

13. ITProNY

ITProNY

14. Auris

Auris

Thanks to all for the info, installshield cleared the problem once it was loaded.(y)

15. Augie65

Augie65

You are very welcome.:)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/457318