1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sonicstage download

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by rabsi, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rabsi

rabsi Thread Starter

Hi,

I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows 7. I tried to download Sonicstage so I could use my old sony mp3 player. The installation did not finish because it said I already had the latest version instaled. I can't find the program anywhere. Any ideas how to resolve the problem. Thanks.

2. Pennywhistler

Pennywhistler

Easiest thing is to type the name in the SEARCH box inside your START menu.

Second easiest is to look at ALL PROGRAMS right above that box.

BTW - Are you sure SonicStage works with MP3 players and not MD recorders?

3. rabsi

rabsi Thread Starter

Sorry should not have said mp3. The sony player plays. OMA files. Have used the search, no good, also looked in computer> windows(c:)>program files. Still can't find sonicstage.

4. Pennywhistler

Pennywhistler

Next thing to do is to uninstall it. CONTROL PANEL > PROGRAMS AND FEATURES. Is it there? Uninstall it (assuming you have another copy to install). Re-install it. Use it.

5. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

6. rabsi

rabsi Thread Starter

Any more ideas. The program does not appear on control panel>uninstall program, but when I try to install sonicstage it is still telling me I have the latest edition installed.

7. mtzlplex

mtzlplex Account Closed

Did you follow all the instructions for removal in the Sony link I provided, including removing Open MG Secure Module from add / remove programs?

8. Pennywhistler

Pennywhistler

How do you like that - Sony fully answered the question years ago! Thanks for posting it, Isaac.

This is a computer thing ... not a SonicStage issue, so I am outta here. Good luck rabsi.

PS - SonicStage is a pretty crappy program anyway. It is impossible to use, and it compresses your files into ATRAC junk, and imposes a ton of restrictions.

Just play your minidisc into the computer via the LINE OUT / LINE IN. Edit it with Audacity (which is free). It will sound better. And you won't have to spend years with this SonicStage problem.

You can go directly into and out of your computer, or you can use the Behringer UCA202 USB interface ($30 on Amazon). That's what I use for professional audio projects.

Alternatively, download the newest version of SS and install it. It will install over the one you cannot find.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086764

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice