1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sony Bravia TV network error

Discussion in 'Networking' started by lmasry66, May 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lmasry66

lmasry66 Thread Starter

My Sony Bravia TV no longer recognizes my home network. When I attempt to access Netflix it tells me "network error occurred." In the Network setting on the tv it says it's connected and on the router it says the Bravia tv is connected. I have reset the router and restored factory defaults on the tv and re-installed the network to the tv and I'm still getting the same message. I'm connected through a Sony UWA-BR100 wireless lan adapter. Any suggestions?

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    if you go into the network settings on the TV
    can you post the IP information shown

3. lmasry66

lmasry66 Thread Starter

I got home this evening and was going to look up the ip address to answer your question and I thought I'd check again to see if it would connect to Netflix and it did. Apparently resetting the tv to it's factory defaults did the trick but it must've not been complete when I tried making the connection yesterday. Anyway, thanks for your response but for now it appears to be working fine.

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    thanks for letting us know

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!