1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sony Vaio Battery

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Startreker, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Startreker

Startreker Thread Starter

Hi There

This is just a query and apologies if in the wrong forum.

I have just bought a new Sony Vaio VGN-NW20ZF/S recently with windows 7 on it. i removed mcaffee and put kaspersky 2010 suite and FM 2010 and need a quite powerful machine and the guy in the shop said this will be ok which it has, which is one of the main reasons i bought the machine.

The battery seems to take ages to charge (it is at 66% at the moment) and still has an hour and if down to 10% and takes over 2 and half to maybe 3 hrs to charge but am not sure exactly as i charge it over night when the machine is switched off. Is this normal? The battery is a 2.5 hr battery.

The battery seems to discharge quite quickly although this might be that i am using the machine and loose track of time.

i am trying "batteryBar Pro" for 30 days and it seems quite good.

Also it seems to take a wee bit longer to to load than when i first got it. Especially the VAIO GATE which takes a wee while to come up.

I have the machine connected wireless to a router and connected in a network to 2 other desktop machines (running Windows XP).

The bottom of the latop seems to get hot after an hour or 2 and wondered it that is normal,. When using it on my lap i use a book to put it on between my legs and the laptop as it is hot.

PS

I made recovery disks when i first used the machine and they are on 3 DVD-Rs. I was wondering if i used the recovery (by prerssing F10) i think during boot to reset back to factory settings will this delete the hidden partition that is used for recovery or will it just erase the c drive and leave that partition?

Cheers

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    It should keep the hidden partition

You have quite a few charging options on the Vaio - on of which is a low charge and set to increase battery life
    I'm not next to my vaio so cant see the settings to post here - i'll have a look soon and repost

3. Startreker

Startreker Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply Etaf

I hope that it will keep the hidden partition,

I am using the wireless internet and playing that Football Manager 2010 while charging the battery which i started charing about 7:30ish and the time is 9.15pm and there is still 1:06m left and at 85%.

-- It is now fully charged at 100% at 9.55pm -

I know that if i am using the machine then it will charge more slowely than the normal as it uses power when you are using it.

I am using the Powersave option at the moment and had it on the "Battery Care" option for saving the battery but that only charged to 80%.

Update

I just downloaded "Everest" to check the temperature which is sitting at CPU - 46C 115F and HD - 35C 95F

I have unplugged the mains and am running on the battery for the last 45 mins and the battery has dropped to 61% and i am jusdt sitting surfing the net.

Not sure if that is too fast or not.

Cheers

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/879009

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice