1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sony Vaio VGC-VA1 Speaker help please!!!

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by pablomanutd, Nov 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pablomanutd

pablomanutd Thread Starter

Hi

I have been really happy with my PC and upgraded to Vista Ultimate without any challenges however..... I have just updated the latest drivers for sigmatel audio and now my speakers will not work and are not showing in the hardware.

The speakers make a sound as windows boots up but nothing when the computer has loaded - I've tried everything do i need drivers for the speakers?? if so where do i go??

UPDATE - If I put in headphones the audio works but still nothing from Speakers!!

Everything worked fine before - tried to go back before update but fails so i think i need to know the speakers and drivers??

Please help me this is my TV and computer so I can't even watch TV

Thanks Paul

2. teknokat

teknokat

Hi paul,

Did you ever fix this? I've got the same problem!

Pete

3. pablomanutd

pablomanutd Thread Starter

Hi
    Yes I did fix it in the end - If you delete the audio driver completely through add/remove then reboot the computer it will default to the driver it had when you bought the PC automatically you then need to go to the sony vaio webpage and re download the Vista drivers - worked for me - let me know how you go!!

Pablo

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!