1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sony Vaio (vgn-aw130j) battery won't charge

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jp4miller, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jp4miller

jp4miller Thread Starter

I installed a new battery and it won't charge. battery light just blinks away. I have un/reinstalled battery with no change. The battery is listed as compatible to my laptop. OS is Win 7 Ultmate 64bit.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Is it a Sony battery or some other brand? If the old battery charged then it's likely the new one isn't compatible or that its faulty. Have you contacted the place of purchase for support?

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    You may have to run a program before the new battery will work. Sony have put drivers and/or Bios code on many of their laptops to check if the battery is a 'real' Sony one or not. The seller may have this software so I would contact them as Triple6 suggested.

4. jp4miller

jp4miller Thread Starter

I contacted sales agent who appologized and said to return it for refund.
    How do I know if I get another one that I won't have the same problem?

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You won't until you get the replacement battery and try it.

6. jp4miller

jp4miller Thread Starter

There is no problem with the battery. It is just Sony trying to ensure you pay them $300. for a battery rather than $40. for a similar one as I did. I found and installed the bios patch that takes care of that. The battery immediately charged and is working fine.

thanks,
    jp

This thread is closed.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1043727

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice