1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sony Vegas 6.0d Rendering discontent

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by buttman20, May 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buttman20

buttman20 Thread Starter

Hi there

I've already checked this issue on multiple different DV forums, recently switched from Premiere to this Vegas so I'm still considered a amateur, but hopefully work my way around this soon.

anyway

The Issue: My Sony Vegas isn't giving me the video quality I need compared to lesser programs (ie; NeroVision)

I've been rendering my videos in Sony Vegas from raw DV avi's to compressed Xvid/MPEG-3 .avi files.

I've been comparing that NeroVision's renderer has a better quality video with exactly the same compression settings, and is larger in terms of file size only by about less than 1mb's (Sony filesize: 2.14mb's Nero filesize: 2.96mb's)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Picture Legend:
    1)NeroVision
    2)Sony Vegas (May not be noticeable with the pictures, but it's cloudy and blurred, and possibly off-color by a degree or less.)
    3)RAW DV

I've tried all other forms of compression, and even uncompressed, but Xvid is the standard for best quality with filesize. I've used Mpeg which are too big, and different AVI compressions, and they're no better.

Why don't I just use NeroVision? NeroVision doesn't have ANY features worth mentioning. It's made for stringing homeDV's together with transitions, nothing more. I need to be able to control my videos with Freeform.

I'm annoyed that the quality is not satisfactory considering it IS Sony Vegas, and Nero is, well, Nero (And you can't hear it, but the CCIT A-law Audio Compression on the Sony is appalling compared to Nero's CCIT A-law compression. Like something straight out of a bad bootleg.)

All help would be MUCH appreciated, I don't really like ripping the hairs out of my head : ) The Vin Diesel look doesn't go for me : D

PS: Nero doesn't have Color Balancing or any of the features needed. I've already tried premiere, but for fddshow Xvid compression, it doesn't even play, I have to use FrameServe to reach bearable quality. Lot's of Artifacts and picture bluriness, thus I switched too Sony Vegas.)

2. buttman20

buttman20 Thread Starter

Since everyone avoided my post like the plague, I went and tinkered around a bit...

I guess I fixed the problem, I had my lower fields scanned first, so I set the field order to progressive, minor Color correcting and I think I should be happy.

Thanks anyway

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/465061

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice