1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sooo Frustrating!!! Please Take a Look!!

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ZHTickle, Dec 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZHTickle

ZHTickle Thread Starter

Good Evening All,

Today, I purchased a wireless router for my parents house. I hooked up everything properly (I know this because I am currently using wireless internet through my laptop and iPod touch), but now I CANNOT get online through the desktop that my parents have always used.

In the past, they utilized a USB connection from the back of the modem to the back of their computer for internet. Now, I have an ethernet cable hooked from the back of the new router to the back of the computer.

They are using Windows XP, and Internet Explorer 7. I have a feeling that I will need to go into the network and internet settings window to change settings (IP addresses?) but I have no idea what to change or what to change it to.

I appreciate your time in reading this thread, and hope to hear from you all soon! Thanks so much!

2. tiger4020

tiger4020

open command prompt and type
    ipconfig/all

right click on the window and say select all and copy and paste in this window...

3. Jack Hackett

Jack Hackett

have you uninstalled all of the USB modem software and deleted old connection for it on the Connections tab of Internet Options'?
    also check that the LAN connection is enabled in 'Network Connections'

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!