Solved: Sort criteria for access 2003 report

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

caraewilton

Hi Guys
Need a little help here.
I am using access 2003.
I have created reports which draw their information from queries.
Most of these reports need to be sorted according to alphabetical order of surname.
The queries all sort correctly as specified by my criteria, however the reports do not. Is their a way to add sort criteria to an existing form.
I realise it is helpful if I post a copy of my database but all the information is confidential and the thought of putting fake information scares me:(
Thanks
Cara

Hi Guys
Need a little help here.
I am using access 2003.
I have created reports which draw their information from queries.
Most of these reports need to be sorted according to alphabetical order of surname.
The queries all sort correctly as specified by my criteria, however the reports do not. Is their a way to add sort criteria to an existing form.
I realise it is helpful if I post a copy of my database but all the information is confidential and the thought of putting fake information scares me:(
Thanks
Cara
Are you utilizing the sort feature of the reports?

Also, if the issue is the sorting on the reports, why do you want to sort on the form?

OBP

To use the Sorting feature of a Report that rconverse mentioned, with the Report in Design View from the Main Menu select View>Sorting & Grouping.
A form should use the Query sorting as it's basis, if you want to change that on the form I think that it will take some Visual Basic Code.

caraewilton

Cool. Thanks guys. That worked.
In the past I have always created a query, set it up to sort in what ever manner required and used the report wizard to create a report from the query. Up to now the info I wanted appeared in the correct order on the report. This time the reports did their own thing.
Anyway the sorting/grouping thing "sorted" it out.
Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online