Solved: sound card driver help please

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wick3dways

on my desktop computer which has recently been reformatted and is now running windows xp home edition (no service packs) i have lost the cd to install my sound card. i looked inside and was unable to determine the model it has so i was wondering is there some sort of software i can use to determine which soundcard i have and the driver i need to get to install it? thankyou.

wick3dways

the device doesnt show up it says no devices are installed yet... is there any program that can detect which soundcard i am using and tell me?

i looked for a program like that but i found nothing that targets the sound card specifically. Alternatively, you could get the model of your computer and do a search on the specs for it and just see what kind of sound card it has in it. Also it would probably help to have the most recent service pack too

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online