1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Sound card drivers and Win XP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MRCooLBP, Feb 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MRCooLBP

MRCooLBP Thread Starter

I was running win 98 and decided to upgrade to XP. All of the sudden windows pretends that my Turtle Beach Montego II sound card isn't in the PCI slot. So i moved it to a open one and had no luck. I've found info online that said this is a vortex2 sound card??

By know i searched every site i can think of /find (including driverguide, Turtle beach, windowsUpdate.com) and have got mixed information(the card is AND isn't compatible with XP) but if it is supported i'm confused because its not in the LIST that you choose from when looking for a sound card to install. I've also installed a number of drivers that supposedly work (mostly .exe s ) with no luck.

I'm an intermediate/Advanced user and i can't seem to fix this problem can ANYONE HELP!?!?!

2. monted

monted

hey,man. Have you tried Windows2000 drivers? Just a thought,but many times the drivers work,because Windows XP is really a later version of 2000,essentially.I bought a SoundBlaster for $30 and it is compatable.

& YES,I'm taking a break from games at the moment,lol.

3. MRCooLBP

MRCooLBP Thread Starter

Can't find 2000 drivers only ME or NT = (

4. monted

monted

you might try NT drivers, but im not sure they will work

5. monted

monted

6. MRCooLBP

MRCooLBP Thread Starter

Yes that was in my first post thanx i really don't wanna buy a new card cause i have no money its starting to seem as if that is the only option :mad:

7. monted

monted

check this out:

http://www.3dsoundsurge.com/drivers/Vortex2/index.html

I read through a couple pages, but my eyes started crossing (I been on the comp all day)so I quit,lol. Maybe this will help you .
    Remember reading something about some reference driver and/or NT drivers,but can't remember what I read.

http://www.3dsoundsurge.com/drivers/Vortex2/Windows2000.html
    This is just a link to a page that links off the other one above;seems like this is where the drivers are.The other page is about your manufacturer.

8. MRCooLBP

MRCooLBP Thread Starter

i've been to that site at least 5 times now and just realized i tried you're sugestion already and found those specific drivers. When i clicked to download i got an "internal server error" same thing happened this time. i think god himself is against me. Thanks soooo much for trying

9. MRCooLBP

MRCooLBP Thread Starter

I found some guy on another Msg board with the exact same video and sound card as me and he said he moved the sound card one slot awar from the video and it worked!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!

10. monted

monted

must have been a conflict.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118269

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice