1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] sound card suddenly dissapeared.. help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Weronika, Dec 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Weronika

Weronika Thread Starter

Argh! I am not your computer genius and one thing I love about this hunk of machinery is the ability to download and play music. Recently, I attempted (how bright of me.. not knowing WHAT I was doing) to do some deleting and freeing space. Before I knew it, I couldnt play anything, and after investigation, figured out that something with the sound card was wrong. when I looked under Device manager, it wasnt even there under the sound, video, and game controllers! geez! help! how do I get it back?

2. Rockn

Rockn

Dis is wery...wery bad Weronika....Just kidding. What is the make and model of your sound card. Once you have this info you can go to the manufacturers web site and down load the drivers and re-apply them. If you have older ones that came with the PC or sound card that would be even easier and get you up and running again.

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi Weronika, welcome to TSG....

This may be a silly question, but have you tried just restarting the computer to see if the sound card will be found?

4. Weronika

Weronika Thread Starter

thanks guys I consulted the great owners manual and it helped me out... I got it back! wee.. thanks for the thoughts though.

Weronika

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62843

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice