1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Solved] Sound Card

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jlrpdx, Dec 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jlrpdx

jlrpdx Thread Starter

In trying to run Roxio Sound Stream, I get the message "unable to use sound card for play back, another application may already be using it" There are no other applications using the cound card that I am aware of. Any suggestions on how to overcome this problem? Thanks, Jess

2. Dan O

Dan O

What sound card do you have (make and model)?

What driver did you install (version, date, and size)?

What operating System are you running (version and Service Packs (SP) have you installed)?

3. jlrpdx

jlrpdx Thread Starter

Thanks for your response, while looking up th information you requested, I discovered a device enabled in the device manager, sounds that I didn't recognize. I disabled it and everything is wroking properly. Thanks,. Jess

4. Dan O

Dan O

Jess,

Good going. and thanks for letting us know. I will mark this thread solved.

Have a Happy New Year.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!