1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: sound does not work due to high temperature.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by abbody, Dec 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. abbody

abbody Thread Starter

Hello
    my device became a hot so many times before I bought a fan for it, now the sound system stopped to work (no sound can be heard) I think that is happening because what happened before about the increasing of temperature so many times can some one help me to fix the sound system problem.
    for more information my device is Qosmio F60. and the sound system drivers in the device manager is working fine I think the issue is not a software problem it is may be a hardware problem or an electric circuits problem due to high temperature cases happened to my device.

2. adrianr2z

adrianr2z

Seeing how your computer is a laptop, the parts are compacted into a small casing and the motherboard is ultimately prone to damage due to excessive heat. So it is highly possible that the sound system could have been effected by the continuous heat.

1. So before you fix the sound problem, I would advise you to disassemble your laptop (if your comfortable with doing so) and cleaning out the heatsink + applying new thermal paste. This should help with the heat problem significantly and should help decrease the on-going high temperatures and risk to further damage to the computer.

Disassembly guide here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHhatcK8Ydc

2. Afterwards, I would recommend you to try reinstalling the drivers for the sound. I understand that you say the drivers appear to be fine in the device manager, but it won't hurt to reinstall them. You can find the drivers from Toshiba website.

3. If the above doesn't work, my only suggestion left would be to use external speakers by plugging them into the headphone port of your laptop.

I hope this helps!

3. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  4. abbody

abbody Thread Starter

both windows audio end point and the audio service are running
    you can check it in the attached image.

Attached Files:

5. abbody

abbody Thread Starter

Hello
    I have re-installed the the drivers of the audio and the sound works fine.
    thank you.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1140182

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice