1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: sound help setting up 5.1 surround sound

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by trixxxy, Apr 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trixxxy

trixxxy Thread Starter

just bought logitech x-530 5.1 surround sound speakers for my pc. The box said it now comes w/ surround adapter for use w/ pc's.

I have a hp pavillon desktop A335
    sound card is: realtek ac'97

how do i tell if i have multi channel capability?

how do i get all 6 speakers to work

i only have 3 jacks on the back of my pc: audio out, audio in, mic 1

my book that came with my pc says 6/5.1 front goes into audio out, rear into audio in,
    center/subwoofer into mic -1

then it says i need to configure in the multi channel sound manager but i cant find it, book also has note if u cant find speaker configuration tab then your pc doesn't have multi channel capability!!!
    does it or doesn't it I DONT KNOW!!!
    what other ways can i hook it up possibly, do i have to get a new sound card, can I add a sound card! HELP PLEASE!!! want all 6 speakers to work

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You only have 2 Channel audio.

You can use the Matrix(Surrround) button on the speakers to get audio from all the speakers when using only a 2 channel input but its not as good as having true 6 channel output from the PC.

Or you can buy a Creative Live! Or Audigy card such as this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102003

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/457218

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice