Solved: Sound keeps turning off

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Annette7

Hi I have Dell dimensions 8150. Operating system Windows Vista Home PremiumService Pack 2.
Sound works ok when pc turned on at first then no sound at all. When I open up Volume mixer it looks OK. If I turn PC off then back on it comes on for a while then turns off.

Any ideas.

Thanks
Annette

Did you install new software lately? or new drivers? Try the System Restore program and restore it back to a date when the problem wasn't there. ( Start Menu, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Restore )

Note, System Restore will remove installed software if the date you chose was prior to that software's installation.

Annette7

I don't think I have installed any new software recently. It has been happening for so long now that sure when I should do system restore.

Is your sound on board the motherboard? If so, check the manufacturer's site to see if they have any updated drivers for it.

Annette7

Hi
For some strange reason it has stopped switching the sound off ???
Thanks for the reply anyway
Annette

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online