Solved: Sound problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lola2001

When plugged in all the way only the left speaker works. When I pull out the connection from the sound card a bit both speakers work but I can hear a constant buzz. Not sure if there is something wrong with the speakers, sound card or just a computer setting. All was working fine up until a few weeks ago. I don't have any spare hardware to try a known good. Any suggestions?

are the speakers close together? the static may be causing a problem, has this happened before? or is this a new problem?

lola2001

I checked the seating of the card and although it seemed snug I decided to remove it from that slot and put it in a spare one and updated the drivers. That seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks very much.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online