1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sound problems: buzzing sound that changes frequency

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Cyris, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cyris

Cyris Thread Starter

Just built a new computer, and everything went smooth except that a small but sometimes very noticeable buzzing comes out my headphones. I cant really explain it other than its a high pitched buzz, that changes frequency depending on whats on my screen. On the desktop, or web browser its very fast, while when I go into a game it slows down but becomes louder. And when something is loading, as in when i bring up firefox, it pauses for a second, then continues buzzing, or when loading a game, at the loading screen it is completely quiet, then when I am in game, it continues. Another wierd thing is, if I am scrolling through a long webpage or text file really fast, the buzz will vary depending on how fast Im scrolling.
    I actually had to take my sub woofer out because i t was amplifying the buzz probably almost 20-fold, so I'm going straight from headphones to the computer.
    Also, changing the sound volume on the computer does not change the buzz.

Now, as far as I know, i have the latest sound drivers, I went to my motherboards website, and downloaded the audio driver for the gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L. Other than that I dont know what else it could be.

Here's a dxdiag, if that helps.
    (I did all the tests earlier, they all came out successful)

(to download)
    http://www.onedump.com/file12/50270a5e922acf1123d6a96fccdf1658/DxDiag.txt

(Scroll down past the html stuff)
    http://www.onedump.com/show.php?id=50270a5e922acf1123d6a96fccdf1658

sorry to have to host it, but the post was too long.

So if anyone has anything they could suggest, it would be greatly appreciated

2. Cyris

Cyris Thread Starter

bump

3. Cyris

Cyris Thread Starter

bump =(

4. Cyris

Cyris Thread Starter

Is there like no obvious cause for this or is the thread just not being seen? I hope its the latter.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650163

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice