1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[SOLVED] Sound problems

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by 2steps, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 2steps

2steps Thread Starter

When I tried playing any music today nothing happens and i get a message saying cannot play back the audio stream:no audio hardware is avaliable, or the hardware is not responding

There is no volume icon in the system tray and when I go in sounds and multimedia I cannot click on anything grey (inactive)
    Was all working fine yesterday, playing cds, mp3s and windows sounds

2. 2steps

2steps Thread Starter

Also when I click on my cd drive's icon I get the message windows cannot launch mmjblaunch.exe. This program is needed for opening files of the type 'audioCD' location of mmjblaunch.exe and then a dialog box for me to type the location'

I've searched for mmjblaunch.exe and it isn't on my harddrive

3. Cowboy622

Cowboy622

Heaper posted:

mmjblaunch.exe
    The written phrase stands for "Music Match JukeBox.exe". The way to find a cure is to reinstall your sound drivers as it is the one that is in control of the MEdia And sound aspects of your systems Sound Files. It is one real common item in the problems of running any computer operated system that is running on the "Sound Blaster" Format. All you have to do is go into your "Control panel", click onto "System" go to "Device Manager" go down to the ADD (+) symbol for "Sound, Video and game controller", click onto it and then click "Remove" "Creative SB Live! Value". Once this has been removed, restart your system and it will find the New Hardware and Reinstall it back to the Default system settings on your computer. This will be loud to your ears when it first activates , so be aware of the loud noise that is going to begin after it restarts.

KKing posted:

You got rid of mUsic Match Jukebox - didn't ya! I did and this is how I fixed it: I use Windows Media Player. Goto START, PROGRAMS, ACCESSORIES, ENTERTAINMENT, Windows Media Player.
    Goto VIEW, OPTIONS, FORMATS tab, and make sure your Windows Media file, Windows Media Audio/Video file and Audio file are checked. Click Apply then play!
    Run WMP and go to 'Tools' - 'Options' - 'Formats' and check the 'CD Audio track' box and then click 'Apply'

Hope this helps you.

4. 2steps

2steps Thread Starter

In windows media player all formats are selected. And in the device manager I don't have 'Creative SB Live! Value' I have crystal WDM audio codec and then the joysticks and pad. I thought this maybe the same thing with a different name but didn't want to remove it incase.

I didn't have Music Match Jukebox but I bought a new mouse and it came as part of the software, I opened it up to have a look but didn't like it much so deleted it. Thinking back that's the last time the sound worked .

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

What operating system are you running?

6. beekeeper

beekeeper

If its any comfort to you I too received that message recently - and now things are working fine - it was a such a simple remedy that I can't remember what I did. When/if I do, I'll come back. Just making this post so you don't do anything too drastic as the fix is easy.

7. 2steps

2steps Thread Starter

I have windows ME

8. ~Candy~

Can you try this, start, run, then type scanreg /restore and press ok.....is there a date prior to the problem, but not too far back?

9. 2steps

2steps Thread Starter

thanks for your help but my 6 and 2 year old have managed to solve the problem :rolleyes: stupidly I left msconfig typed in the run box and the oldest managed to start system restore from there :eek: my fault again I'm alway telling him explore and see what things do :rolleyes: All is working fine now and I've lost nothing so no problem at all really :)

10. ~Candy~

Doesn't make sense to me.....but glad you got it sorted out.

Have a music filled day :)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170804

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice