[SOLVED] Sound quit working.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MolsonMan007

Okay, this is a pretty wierd problem. I noticed a problem with my sound while playing Half-life, it didn't sound right. I checked it out and found that only one speaker was connected. The first speaker is hooked up to the computer and then the second speaker is connected to the first by two bare wires (Negative, positive) only one of these wires was connected.

So I thought this was a pretty obvious problem with a pretty obvious solution. I put the second wire in the slot and clamped it in. Right after I did that I have absolutely no sound at all! I made sure the volume was up on windows and on the speakers and I tried the speakers on my other computer and they work there. I then plugged my headphones into the computer in question and I get no sound there either.

Did I fry something connecting that one wire while it was plugged in? This is a pretty wierd problem....

Any answers?

MolsonMan :cool:

MolsonMan007

Okay, I solved the problem myself. I went into the creative SB tools and hit the 'restore defaults' button which fixed everything.

Problem solved...

MolsonMan :cool:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online