1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sound+video randomly stops working

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by thesavman, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thesavman

thesavman Thread Starter

for some reason out of the blue my computer randomly stops playing sounds and anything to do with videos this includes streaming videos from the net and the only way to fix it is to restart, all drivers are up to date sound wise, codecs are all up to date video wise. and the sound and video drivers appear in the device manager as working properly.

any ideas apart from throw out the comp lol.

2. EpicNetworkGroup

EpicNetworkGroup

Does this happen when streaming from the internet or offline as well?

Same thing happen in IE vs. Chrome vs. Firefox?

3. dai

dai

what are you running
    video card brand and model
    cpu
    m/board
    ram
    power supply
    brand
    model
    wattage

check the listings in the bios for 12v line voltages and temperatures and post them

4. thesavman

thesavman Thread Starter

well for starters anything on the net that has video i cant watch. the net will freeze on things like youtube and if someones posted a video on facebook itll freeze there as well. by freeze i mean just the net not the comp. the comp runs fine but just wont play anything media wise on any player no matter if its online or off. i have a range of differnet media players as well and none of them work when this happens.

the comp specs are

intel [email protected]
    nvidia GTX 590
    x58 m/b
    12gb ram
    1200watt p/s

and just in case you start to get technical.....im not lol. i dont see how voltages would turn the sound off, but then again who knows cause i sure dont.

5. dai

dai

make and model of the psu

if the voltages are down it causes heat and heat can be one of the causes of the problems you are having

check the listings in the bios for 12v line voltages and cpu temperatures and post them

6. thesavman

thesavman Thread Starter

sorry just did it agian lol, the power supply is an Antec TruePower Quattro 1200W TPQ-1200. also i reset the comp and tried to find the line voltages you where talking bout and have no idea which ones you want so ill just put em here

cpu temp is= 46deg
    vcore =1.156v
    ddr15v= 1.632v
    +3.3v= 3.264v
    =12v= 12.175v

hopefully i found the right voltages you were looking for...and thanks for helping

7. dai

dai

they are fine

is there anything listed in the event viewer at the time of the problem anything listed is timestamped

try reinstalling flash player

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

8. thesavman

thesavman Thread Starter

okay found the event viewer page and this one appears a fair bit and around the times i was using it as well

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.

that shows up and so does this one......

The program iexplore.exe version 9.0.8112.16457 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Action Center control panel.

Process ID: 17d0

Start Time: 01cdfb871b2c5594

Termination Time: 8

Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe

Report Id: d6761b23-6787-11e2-a5ca-1c6f6597a235

9. dai

dai

10. thesavman

thesavman Thread Starter

11. dai

dai

no just see if the win7 one helps

12. thesavman

thesavman Thread Starter

okay then ill see how it goes thanks again

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086806

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice