1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sound will not work!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by CrunkedX, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. CrunkedX

CrunkedX Thread Starter

I just re-installed Windows XP, and I cant seem to get my speakers working again.

Do you know those 6 little Audio Input/Out puts at the back of your computer? When I plug my speakers into that, it is not recognized at all on my computer.

I have tried going through the control panel and adding new hardware, but it did not seem to find it.

Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it. It sucks having to re-install, I just updated my graphics drivers, so do you think its a driver, that I can't seem to locate with Device Manager that needs updating?

2. CrunkedX

CrunkedX Thread Starter

No one knows ?

3. bradr

bradr

Did you install your audio drivers? What is your sound card type? Do you have a sound card, or is it integrated?

4. CrunkedX

CrunkedX Thread Starter

I just went to the manufacturers site and downloaded the sound drivers, but than it said I do not have the Microsoft UAA.

5. bradr

bradr

Then you will need to get the Microsoft UAA, which is actually a Universal Audio Architecture. Google it and download it to your computer.

6. CrunkedX

CrunkedX Thread Starter

yeah I just did, sound is working now, problem solved

7. bradr

bradr

Glad I could help.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!