1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Sound wont work on vista after installing bluetooth software.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ahf620, Jul 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ahf620

ahf620 Thread Starter

I installed a bluetooth software Called BlueSoleil ..it showed me a couple of warnings while installing saying windows cannot varify the software but i ignored those and went through with the isntallation..and after restarting i noticed that the sound wasnt working anymore..not for music, videos, system or anything.. i uninstalled the bluetooth software but the problem is still here..can someone please help me? im using windows vista ultimate and im 100% sure its a software problem not a hardware one.

2. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

I am going to take a guess here as I cannot test it just now.

I think that Blue Soleil has set up a new blue tooth sound device for headphones perhaps.
    It has now set the default sound playback device to be this new one, so your previous speakers etc. do not work.

Go into control panel/sounds and check the default sound playback device.

3. ahf620

ahf620 Thread Starter

yea i thought of the same thing..and it did..i changed it to soundMAX speakers and its still not working..and by the way..i remember there was another default sound device thats not there anymore..i tried to restore my pc but there were no restore points -.- .. and mic isnt working either

4. DaveBurnett

You'll need to find the correct drivers for your sound card and re-install them.

5. ahf620

ahf620 Thread Starter

hmm,im not using a sound card..will the motherboard audio drivers work?

6. DaveBurnett

7. ahf620

ahf620 Thread Starter

it worked now after installing the soundMAX drivers from the motherboard driver dvd. thank you.

8. DaveBurnett

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/843469

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice