1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Speaker popping

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Desvin, Jan 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Desvin

Desvin Thread Starter

I hope someone has a good answer for this. I can't figure it out. I've had the same computer for the last 2 years. Everything's been fine. I decided to hook my TV up to my computer this week and now have a popping sound that is associated with moving my mouse. Just sitting everything is fine, but when I start moving the mouse I get popping noises, even with the speakers muted.

The only change has been hooking up the TV. The mouse is wireless, all my drivers are up to date. I looked around a bunch of forums and haven't been able to find anything close to this. Just for clarification, I did not have this problem with my monitor hooked up.

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

take the TV off the computer and back to the monitor and see if that confirms the TV - if so then its some interference

3. Desvin

Desvin Thread Starter

Yeah. Only happening with the TV, not with the monitor. So even with the volume off, the TV is getting interference, and the problem is not the computer? Any suggestions on fixes than?

4. ajkane

ajkane

It could be the cable you are using to connect your computer to your TV, HDMI?

5. Desvin

Desvin Thread Starter

VGA, not HDMI, although the comp supports it..

6. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

where are you now with the problem

7. Desvin

Desvin Thread Starter

I still can't figure out what it is, but am learning to live with it. So, solved yet unsolved. :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1034401