1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Speakers buzz when gaming

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SYNYST3R1, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SYNYST3R1

SYNYST3R1 Thread Starter

I get really bad buzz whenever I play a game. It does it when I am plugged into the sound card jacks and when I am plugged into the onboard realtek jacks. It didn't do it until I installed my new motherboard and cpu. It doesn't do it with my headphones plugged into the same jack. Is there anything I can do to resolve this? I looked up a few things like ground loop isolators, but from the reviews it seems like they degrade quality and I'm not sure if it would fix the buzz for me or not. It gets a lot quieter when I enable vsync.

Specs:
    Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3V mobo
    intel core i3 2120
    sapphire radeon 7850 1gb
    corsair builder series cx600 psu
    Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty sound card

2. Robsy128

Robsy128

Have you tried lowering the frequency in the Realtek settings? I used to get horrible crackling in video games until I lowered the frequency and it solved it. Just right-click on the system tray icon and then check out the tabs. It's there somewhere :)

Also make sure your drivers are up to date.

3. SYNYST3R1

SYNYST3R1 Thread Starter

I called around and found a place that had a 3.5mm ground loop isolator. It completely got rid of the buzzing sound.

4. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    SYNYST3R1,

Glad you got this cleared up:) If you would, please mark this Solved by clicking on the icon above.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087682

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice