Solved: speedtouch 330 usb problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

circlefreak

Hey,

There's probably a simple solution to this problem but after messing around for some time last night I really couldn't care less if I look like a village idiot asking this. Anyway, here goes. I reset my Dell Dimension 3100 to the original out of the box configuration and was happily going about reinstalling various software and hardware. Running smoothly until I decide to upgrade the drivers for my modem. Downloaded and installed fine though when try to connect I get an error telling me that the usb port is in use. Restarted, didn't clear, had a look in device manager and as not too sure what I was doing figured okay I'll just remove the update and reinstall the original drivers, same problem. As I said it is probably a very simple thing I just don't know how to do yet. Any suggestions?

haha. try slapping it up against the wall..lol no really tho..
check your driver verison make sure its verison 3.0
from http://www.speedtouch.com/ if not go to http://www.speedtouch.com/support.htm
and get it.make sure your rj-11 connector is in good condition and is
well connected to the modem.make sure all your phone jacks have dsl filters.
try different USB Ports on your computer. IF all else fails. email tech support at
Speedtouch.com

circlefreak

rollnw24inkmc said:
haha. try slapping it up against the wall..
That certainly was contemplated:)

Going to start the process again from the original configuration tonight and hopefully I can avoid the same problem.

circlefreak

Still don't know what caused the problem but had done a system restore which didn't clear the problem! Yesterday undid the restore and working fine, even managed to get rid of the horrible isp software that came with the modem. Sadly, to my embarrassment, I believe all I really needed to do in the first place was restart after installing the new drivers:rolleyes: :eek: A lesson has been learned, if it's late, go to bed, get some sleep and deal with problems the next day.

http://www.funender.com/music/circlefreak

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts