Solved: Splitting large video files..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

marcan

Hi. Hope this is the right forum for this post.

Most of my video files are in avi format. I wish to keep them in this format. I wish to cut some of the movies to shorter ones. Say ta. I want to be able to extract/ cut the parts of the movie that i want to keep and save to a new file.

Can this be done?

Thankyou.

Yes, have you tried Windows Movie Maker? It's on you computer right now.

Windows movie maker saves in .wma

I have total video converter, it splits and saves in the the format you choose.

osborn99 said:
Windows movie maker saves in .wma
Sorry you are quite right, I use Ulead normally. I would have thought you could save an AVI file in MM as it does allow you to import one. In fact you can import a few different video formats but only save in WMV, weird!!!!!

marcan

Windows Movies Maker was the first program i tried to do this with. Didnt have success. Will keep googlong for it, Will try links and thanks for suggestions.:)

MysticEyes

Banned
marcan said:
Hi. Hope this is the right forum for this post.

Most of my video files are in avi format. I wish to keep them in this format. I wish to cut some of the movies to shorter ones. Say ta. I want to be able to extract/ cut the parts of the movie that i want to keep and save to a new file.

Can this be done?

Thankyou.
Yes use one of the Vdubs, set to Direct Stream Copy.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Virtualdub_MP3_Freeze

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online