1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Spy bot Search And Destroy Java problems

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by dojoman, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dojoman

dojoman Thread Starter

I have installed and ran the above, but now I cannot get any functions that need java to run, can anyone please help me, Dojo

2. TOGG

TOGG

Welcome to TSG!

Assuming that there is a direct connection between the use of Spybot and your subsequent problem, you should be able to 'undo' anything Spybot did by clicking on the 'Recovery' icon and restoring whatever was removed in the latest scan.

The downside to this is, of course, that any spyware will be restored as well and found again at the next scan. In that case you may have to remove things one at a time until you find out which item you need to keep, and then instruct Spybot to ignore it.

PS. If you are running Spybot in Advanced mode, make sure that you are not including System Internals (Registry) settings in your searches, because removing them could cause trouble if you are not certain what they are for.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272705

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice