Solved: spyware? low memory? Whats going on!!? ahhhhh

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

m2dai2dak2da

Hey there. Thanks for looking at my thread and hopefully helping me out.
MY problem pretty much revolves around MSN Messenger, thats when I notice the 'symptoms' the most. So when I open the MSN messenger program for the first time to actually load it, my screen resolution blows up to the biggest size possible. This can be easily fixed by going into my setting and changing it back to my normal lower resolution, however it is very annoying. This also happens when I'm on msn and I click the email link to check my email, or if im not on msn at all and Im just checking my Hotmail, it will happen off and on. -(If I have a windows explorer window open already and then I click the email link in MSN, the screen resolution stays the same and everything goes accordingly. weird.) - Another time it happens is when I'm downloading a file off a friend of mine on MSN, when the download finishes the screen flashes big and then automatically goes back to normal about 10 seconds later.
Ok, so I have the best protection from Norton I think I can get - Internet Security, and I have tried Adaware and Spybot.... When I run my Norton, there are a number of things that are found, but when I try to delete them it says some were not deleted and it in fact means none of the above that I wanted deleted actually were.
I will try to provide a screenshot of Norton with the exclusions that I'm talking about soon after I post this. Anyways if you have heard of this before and have an idea of what it is, or if you have any suggestions or maybe more questions for me please let me know. Thanks Again!
-mike-

m2dai2dak2da

hey so apparently i dont knwo how to add the photos, it didnt work. the photos showed my norton antivitus. After the scan it brings me to the repair wizard where five Adaware things were found, all from the same location. It gives me the option to delete all of them, I do. It explains that the files will be put in quarentine, I agree and push yes to continue.
After this, the record of the scan comes up and it says additional non-viral threats remain, to view these items, click here. I pushed more details and it gives me the same five Adware that I just 'deleted', plus three more Spyware on top of that, eight things in total. The status shows at risk for the spyware and delete failed for the adware.
So here are the names of the adware and spyware: ADWARE: exdl.exe, exul.exe, jayexulm.vxd, mgexdlm.srg, msexreg.exe SPYWARE: rk.bin, rlls.dll, rlvknlg.exe

PLEASE HELP IF AT ALL POSSIBLE! thanks!
- just a note, i have adaware and spybot.

-mike-

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online