1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Starcraft 2 Starter Edition

Discussion in 'Games' started by maxcan7, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. maxcan7

maxcan7 Thread Starter

Hey, just recently downloaded the starcraft 2 starter edition, with the definite intention of eventually buying the game, though not necessarily soon. In any case, it seemed to install fine, but every time I try to run it, the patch loader immediately hikes to 50%, and then closes. I've tried downloading the patch manually and installing it, but the patch file won't even open. I've also tried, going off of blizzard's tech support, to specifically run the program as administrator even though I'm pretty sure that is the default anyway with no change. I also tried turning off my firewall and turning of MSE, neither of which worked. Anybody know whatsup?

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    where did you download it from?

3. maxcan7

maxcan7 Thread Starter

Downloaded it straight from blizzard's website. In any case, I actually did manage to get it working. All I did was restart my computer, and after that it worked fine haha. Not sure what was wrong initially or why it's working now, but in any case thanks anyway :).

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    no problem :) i wanted to make sure you did get it from the official site and not a 3rd party.

Don't forget to mark the thread solved by clicking the button on the top left!

5. maxcan7

maxcan7 Thread Starter

Ya I figured that was why you were asking, thank you. And ya, I'll mark this as solved thanks :).

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024866

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice