1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Start Screen completely Blank

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by gina723, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gina723

gina723 Thread Starter

[​IMG]
    I have two screens, the one on the left is my "start" screen. all is completely gone. cannot right click for anything... must use cntrl alt del to restart. made the makeshift menu and have that in the toolbar but this is really sucking. :(

Attached Files:

2. gina723

gina723 Thread Starter

okay, I found my answers on my own and I believe many of you may benefit from this solution as well. In Administrator mode: run cmd.exe type at the C:\sfc /scannow (press enter)
    whatever protected files have been corrupted will be restored. My computer is back and no programs lost.

(forgive my ignorance if you all already know this)

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Thanks for posting the solution. :) We do know about the System File Checker (sfc), but often overlook it. I certainly did not think of it when I read your initial post earlier.

4. gina723

gina723 Thread Starter

well thank you Terry for telling me that.... I feel better now. :)

5. saptraining

saptraining

Thanks for this post. Quite helpful. I know SAP but Windows 8? No idea. Thanks again.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1054911