1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: STARTUP problem. Please help. Thanks.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by curiousgirl, May 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. curiousgirl

curiousgirl Thread Starter

Hello everyone. My parents have an old pre owned pc that is a pentium 4 running Win xp. Problem is from the last 2 days, whenever I switch on the computer, it seems to not move ahead, screen is blank, while the CPU fan makes a noise similar to when the computer is working very hard.

So, basically, as soon as I switch it on, all I get is a blank screen, and a CPU fan that has gone crazy. Also, there is NO power to my keyboard and mouse, while the CD Rom lights blink and it seems to be the only thing that is ON.

I read somewhere and NO, my computer has never beeped on starting, so I have no idea what is going on.

Can someone please tell what's going on here ? Thanks in advance.

2. donetao

donetao Banned

3. curiousgirl

curiousgirl Thread Starter

yes, it worked... Opened the cabinet first time in my life and took the battery out... it says every time to press F2 to continue booting up but I guess that is fine... Thank you Mr. Knight (lol), I truly appreciate.

4. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
    Replace the battery (CR2032 is the most common) and the F2 notice will go away once the BIOS can keep the settings with a fresh battery.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1148228

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice