1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: Stdole32.tlb

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by soccerfan1072, Mar 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. soccerfan1072

soccerfan1072 Thread Starter

I have installed office XP and 2003 and also 2007 Trial Version on Vista Machine and every time I open any program it goes to preparing to install. And in Excel I get this Error Message "One of your object libraries (stdole32.tlb) is missing or damaged. Please run setup to install." I let it do that and it does it every time I open it. Any Ideas? I have done a lot of searching but can't find any methods that are helping. I have gone into registry and deleted anything to do with Office. Just baffled on this one.

2. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Stdole32.tlb is a file which uses the LoadPicture and SavePicture objects, and generally associated with .NET OOP. It is a file which should reside in your C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32 folder. It's fairly standard file. Check to see if it is in that folder or not. You may even have a virus which deleted, moved or renamed the file. I'm uploading a copy of mine, you can paste it into it's folder and see if that works any better.

HTH

Attached Files:

3. soccerfan1072

Sweet I will try that! Thanks for your help!

4. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

If this gets it solved for you, then you can mark it as such by clicking the Solved button. :cool:

5. soccerfan1072

The stdole32 is there. I just don't understand this issue. I think I am going to try and repair the windows installation.

6. soccerfan1072

Yeah I had to do a fresh install nothing would work. But the new install did!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/809161