Solved: Stealthing Port 113

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

curveman

Is someone familiar with how to do this on the D-Link DI-624 ?

Thanks, much.

curveman

I'm not stealing anything man !! ;) I want to switch my 113 port from "closed" to "stealth". Router D-Link DI-624.

Port forward 113 to a non-existant device (an IP address with nothing attached).
Say you router is set to allocate addrs 192.168.0.2 -- 192.168.0.100. Port-forward 113 to 192.168.0.253.
Problem solved; you will be stealthed (as per the definition on http://www.grc.com/faq-shieldsup.htm#IDENT.

curveman

HEWEE et al;

Thanks for the help. IT was exactly what I needed CASE CLOSED. Where are "thread tools" to mark the thread "solved"

Thanks again all !

NEver mind, found it !

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts