1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved: [Steam] Can you download 2 source games at once.

Discussion in 'Games' started by ErrorProxy, Feb 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ErrorProxy

ErrorProxy Thread Starter

Can you download 2 source games at concurrently. (ex. L4D2 and Tf2)

Will the source engine files overwrite each other? Or will the first game be the one downloading the Source engine while the second game you download will only download game files?

I think the latter, but can anyone confirm this?

2. br1ng3r

br1ng3r

Well i'm not sure in what order they download in, but YES you can certainly download more than one game at once. I have done this on several occasions, it just takes a little longer (depending on your bandwidth). Just watch the % of download complete.
    But yes its fine to download more than one at a time.

3. Gulo Luseus

Gulo Luseus

Confirmed. I often do two or sometimes more games at once, no problem. They are kept separate, so there is no overwrite. :)

4. ErrorProxy

But source games use the same source files, that's what I'm saying.

5. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

The Source engine may not even download. If you already have a Source game installed, the engine is updated automatically whenever you run Steam. Don't worry, it will be fine. I downloaded the entire Valve Superpack at the same time.

Courtney

6. ErrorProxy

I think I have installed multiple source games at once before, but now I'm sure it's ok, thanks. Solved.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/902307